Saturday, February 23, 2013

Avery with Heart Box

This is my first post here on the blog and I am thrilled to be part of the design team here on The Paper Nest Dolls. I love to work with all of the great designs and I hope you'll enjoy seeing the finished cards just as much as I enjoy making them. For more information about what I do and who I am you can visit and follow my personal blog over at http://lillgumman.blogspot.com

For this post I chose to work with a gorgeous image called Avery with Heart Box. It is just perfect for a card to a loved one. You can get your own copy of the image on the Paper Nest Dolls Etsy Shop.


I printed the image onto some white cardstock and painted it with copic markers. Then I did my best to cut it out and colored the edges with a black marker to cover up any imperfections from cutting. Painting the edges in black is really a good idea and it makes the image look more finished.

I made the card thinking I would have a tall card with the opening to the right and therefor I put my background paper that way. Eventually I realized it would look much better if I turned the card to the side. Unfortunately the hearts on the background paper was not turned the right way anymore, but I guess I'll just have to accept that. :)

When I had adhered the image to the finished card I used Glossy Accent to her eyes to give them some shine. I also used red and pink Stickles to the heart, you can't leave out the glitter right? ;)


I hope you enjoyed the card I made and be sure to visit this blog again to see more cards from the other talented girls on the team.

Erika Selander for Paper Nest Dolls


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs